Mondays 10th Feb, 17th March, 7th April, 19th May 2014
PATCHWORK QUILT WORKSHOP
with Victoria Coward from Cuddle Monster Crafts
7.00 pm – 9.30pm (2 ½ hrs) at Brighton Road Baptist Church, Horsham
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn how to machine a patchwork quilt with Victoria from Cuddle Monster Crafts. We are limiting the number of places available to only 8 to ensure everyone has plenty of assistance if needed.
The size of your finished quilt will be 40” square – perfect for keeping adult laps warm, as a baby’s/ child’s quilt or as a decorative throw for the home. The colour and theme will be chosen by you.
The workshop will run over four sessions and there will be a little homework to do in between each one. Equipment will be supplied during the workshops for you to use, however please note that you may need to finish work off at home and so having a craft ruler, rotary cutter and cutting mat will be very useful.
You will need to purchase the main fabric for the quilt top – Victoria will bring fabric to the first session for you to purchase if you would like or you are welcome to buy ahead of time and bring your own. A co-ordinating plain cotton for the back of the quilt and wadding for the middle will be provided. This alone makes the cost of this workshop superb value for money!
The first two sessions will cover:-
– Choosing fabric, colour and theme
– Choosing a design
– Sewing a sample piece of patchwork
– Cutting the main fabric for your design
– Sewing together your patchwork quilt top
The last two sessions will cover:-
– Basting your quilt
– Designing the machine quilting
– Making bias binding
– Using the bias binding to hand finish your quilt
Suitable : Beginners (who can sew a straight line on the sewing machine)
Place: limited to 8 places only
Cost: £90 for the 4 sessions
You will need to bring: all other materials will be supplied but you need to bring:
– Your sewing machine (in good working order)
– A basic sewing kit (sharp fabric scissors, pins, tailors chalk, measuring tape, seam ripper)
– If you have them please also bring a craft/ quilting ruler, cutting mat and rotary cutter
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and we can send you the booking form.