MAKE A PATCHWORK QUILT with Cuddle Monster Crafts
over 4 sessions:
Monday 11th February 2013
Monday 25th February 2013
Monday 4th March 2013
Monday 18th March 2013
Each evening is 7.00-9.30pm (2 ½ hrs) at Brighton Road Baptist Church, Horsham
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn how to make a patchwork quilt with Victoria from Cuddle Monster Crafts (not to mention value for money). We are limiting the number of places available to only 8 places so that you will get a lot of individual attention. The size of quilt that you will make, from cot size to a full single bed size, is up to you and of course so is the colour and theme, it doesn’t have to be a childs quilt. We are doing this over 4 sessions so if you wanted a larger quilt there will be lots of homework to do in between each session! All basic equipment will be supplied however please note that you will need to purchase the main fabric, backing fabric and batting but this won’t be until after your first session when Victoria will give you all the details. Victoria will also be bringing along some fabric and fabric bundles in the first session for you to purchase if you wish.
The first two sessions will cover:-
– Choosing fabric (colour and theme)
– Choosing a design (4 patch square, log cabin or stars)
– Cutting fabric and sewing together patches to make a sample
– Cutting the main fabric
– Sewing together patches to make blocks to make the quilt top.
– Demo of the cutting of the batting and how to baste the quilt (to do at home)
The last two sessions will cover:-
– A demonstration of hand quilting in a hoop
– Designing the machine quilting and looking at the different stitches
– Doing the machine quilting on your quilt and learning the ways to bury the threads
– Making the bias binding
– Using the bias binding to hand finish your quilt
Suitable for: Beginners (who can sew straight lines on a sewing machine)
Places: * limited to 8 people *
You will need to bring: Please bring a sewing machine, cutting mat and rotary cutter if you have them.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place and we will send you a booking form.