Monday 15th April 2013
NEEM HAIR SHAMPOO BAR WORKSHOP
with Just Bev Soaps
7.00-9.30pm (2 ½ hrs) at Brighton Road Baptist Church, Horsham
Come and learn how to make Hair Shampoo Bars with Beverley Scott-Hughes of Just Bev Soaps, based in Storrington. These fantastic bars are perfect for travelling or camping as they have 3 uses; as a soap, as a hair shampoo and as a soap to wash your clothes! We will be working in pairs learning how to make the Nettle, Neem and Lavender Hair Shampoo bars with a base of Olive Oil and castor oil to produce a block of soap that can then be cut up into 4-6 bars of soap (if using a loaf cake silicone shaped mould) so a great workshop if you wanted to make some presents for others or to simply create a personal supply. Nettles are used as they are full of vitamins, antioxidants, histamine and other healing properties. Making products from natural sources is wonderful for sensitive skin and those who just want to know exactly what is going onto their skins. You will also get the recipes and instruction sheets to take home with you.
On this workshop you will learn:
– The history of soap
– The importance of measurements of oils, the different kinds of oils and how they react.
– Learn about and blend essential oils.
– Making the soap, mixing, temperatures.
– How to line a soap mould, un-moulding the soap, Drying/ curing the soap and cutting
Suitable for: All abilities
Places: limited to 10 people
You will need to bring:
– an apron,
– eye covering (prescription glasses or safety goggles)
– wear old clothes with long sleeves.
– a silicone mould (with a min of 6cm depth) either a loaf cake shape or ones with novelty shapes. The ½ pound in weight that we will be making is the equivalent to over ½ litre in volume of water, in case you wanted to test your moulds first.
– a cardboard box or baking tray on which to place your mould to keep it stable when you take it home as it will need a month to cure before you can use it.
– Please also bring a small bunch of fresh nettles with you.
Beverley will be setting up a small table of her Just Bev Soap products to sell on the evening.
Email us at email@example.com to reserve a place and we will send you a booking form.