Mondays 7th and 21st October 2013
CHRISTMAS SOAP MAKING WORKSHOPS
with Beverley Scott-Hughes from Just Bev Soaps
7.00-9.30pm (2 ½ hrs) at Brighton Road Baptist Church, Horsham
Learn how to make some Christmas themed natural soap during this workshop lead by Beverley Scott-Hughes of Just Bev Soaps, based in Storrington. We are doing this in October as the soap will need 4-6 weeks to cure before you will be able to package it for Christmas presents. We will be working in pairs learning new advanced methods of soap making using entirely natural and high-quality ingredients. This is a craft using the exacting methods of science and so will appeal to the logical, mathematical and scientific crafters out there. Beverley will be demonstrating and showing you how to make the following 3 different products over the 2 sessions, you will also get all the recipes and instruction sheets to take home plus labels if you intend to give some away as Christmas presents.
During this two part workshop you will be making the following:
- Cold press olive oil soap bars with either a Rudolf, Angel or Star shape embedded into the centre. The block will yield approx 12 100g bars.
- 4 Snowmen ( 4” high and 3” diameter of base) soaps using a whipped soap method.
- Christmas bath bombs such as bucks fizz or St clements with sparkle
On the first workshop you will be making the first soap in a sheet for the centre which will then be cut into either a Rudolf, Angel or Star on the second workshop. You will also be making the snowmen soaps.
During the second workshop you will be mixing the 3 other soap mixtures to go around the Rudolf/ Angel or Star plus making the Christmas bath bombs.
Fragrances such as warm gingerbread, snow angel and mince pie will be provided for all the soap making but if you don’t wish to use synthetic fragrances please bring along essential oils of your choice. Beverley will however be bringing clove and cinnamon essential oil with her.
Beverley has suggested some of the following combinations for Christmas:
– Juniper berry and orange
– Cinnamon and Ginger
– Frankincense and Myrrh
Suitable for: All abilities (but you must have attended one of Bev’s previous workshops)
Cost: £19 per workshop so £38 in total
Places: limited to 10 people
You will need to bring:
– an apron,
– eye covering (prescription glasses or safety goggles)
– wear old clothes with long sleeves.
– A stick bender (if possible)
– A swiss roll tin, 16” x 12”, tray (for the 1st workshop)
– A silicone mould (with a min of 6cm depth) or ice cream tub in a loaf cake shape. (for the 2nd workshop)
– Plastic icing bag with a 1.5cm diameter plain nozzle end
– 4 medium sized food clear plastic bags
– An essential oil of your choice if you didn’t want to use the fragrances
If any of the above is a problem please let us know as we can probably work it out.
Beverley will also be setting up a small table of her Just Bev Soap products to sell on the evening.
Email us at email@example.com to reserve a place and we will send you a booking form.